I said I was going to bed 3 hours ago! Instead I spent the time going over Personal Progress with Samantha and Merit Badge worksheets with Casey. We have a plan... now to follow through. They are both on track to complete their programs prior to their 16th birthday. Sam is hoping to complete hers by next February. She can get a driving permit at 15 in MO. I can't believe I have a child almost old enough to drive. Casey is plugging away towards his Eagle. I'm sure he'll finish in time. I'm proud of the decisions they are making. We had a nice talk tonight. Life is rough. Sometimes I get impatient with them because they aren't always kind to their younger siblings. I forget how topsy turvy I felt during Jr. High. We watched Beezus & Ramona the other day. I cried when Ramona's family found her after she ran away. So many times I have felt like I am so alone & there is no-one there to "find" me. I hope our kids know how much we love them and how accepted and wanted and loved they are. I hope home is always a place they run to when life is cruel & disappointing.

Ryan - you are so easy to please. A smile, kiss & I love you goes a long way.

Comments

Popular Posts