This morning went like this...

5AM wake Sam/turn shower on
5:30 wake Casey/get fire going
6AM wake Rebekah, Izy & Porter (Victoria doesn't have school today)
6:05 we are suppose to have left for the airport... Sam has not learned the stress of missing a flight yet.
6:10 say a prayer to help us find Sam's lost glasses...
6:12 find glasses jump in car to take Sam to airport & Casey to school.
6:18 driving down Hwy 152 I start calling for Casey... he's probably hiding in the back seat! WRONG!!! I left him at home!
6:19 I call home on Sam's phone... mine is dead (surprise surprise!) He won't talk to me. He is SO upset I left him. Especially, since he had been looking for Sam's glasses instead of sitting in the car waiting. I reassure him I'll get home in time to take him to school.
6:24 Drop Sam curbside to get checked in while I park.
6:27 We have a VERY small airport... I meet her inside as she finishes checking her bag. We walk to security & off she goes. A much calmer experience at the airport this time around.
6:40 I am on my way home. I'm a bit nervous. I don't have my phone... remember, it's dead! Sam will call Ryan if she needs anything.
7AM Pick Casey up & run him to school... apologize multiple times on the way.
7:25 Back home studying spelling words.
8:00 Load everyone up & off to school we go!
Victoria & I make a quick stop at the bank before driving home.

a few tidbits...
I am tucking Victoria in bed last night & she asks, "Can I sleep with someone?" Sure, Isabelle? "MMMmmm how bout your bed?" No, you can't sleep in my bed. "I get freaked out at night mom." You can sleep in Isabelle's room. "Can I sleep with Grandpa?" Sure, we'll see if that's okay. Grandpa got the cutest grin on his face as she climbed into bed with him. I think Grandpa has found a new bed mate for the next week!

Sam is spending the next few days in Ohio... how grateful I am that she has such amazing friends. I am surprised at how the friendships have continued... thanks to email, buzz, texting, etc. I think they may be those rare friends that last a lifetime.

Isabelle went to school today in Red heels & a red hat. It's Fancy Nancy day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
which friends is she visiting?
Jonnette said…
Samantha is staying with the Bauserman's. You can try her email to get a hold of her.
Ben and Laurie said…
I can't believe you left him! :)

Popular Posts