If only it were all fiction!

The other morning I asked Casey if he had put clean underwear on. Why I am asking my 12 year old this I don't know. It just popped into my head & out it came. The conversation went like this...
C Yes
M You wouldn't lie to me would you?
C No, I changed (small pause) yesterday.
M (Thinking... I know he didn't change them last night, I watched him throw off his sweats & jump into bed.) Last night? I watched you jump into bed.
C No, yesterday.
M In the morning?
C (Smirking then giggling) Yes!
M That doesn't count!


Last night I had to run Sam & Casey into town. As we are driving he pulls out SWA pretzels from our trip. Then he pulls out the peanuts. I take them away, he's only suppose to have 1 snack. I brought home enough for each child to have just one. He starts making funny faces and noises. Sam & I remind him he is going to an etiquette dinner & that he shouldn't do that. It just encourages him. I explain he is going to embarrass himself one of these days... like that is going to influence a 12 year old boy! He just keeps on... I won't list all the embarrassing things he did. He just laughs & says that he'll just tell everyone that his mom taught it to him. At one point I have to admit Sam & I were laughing so hard my stomach hurt.


The kids were out rollerblading tonight after the home teachers left. It was late & everyone really needed to get to bed but the weather was SO nice & they were having so much fun. They pulled out the ramp & everyone was jumping it. Victoria made it with a little help. It's nice having Ryan around. I don't get nearly as stressed with nights like this. I know I have a little help. Until he has to go check the missionary's ear... oh well, it gives me time to update our blog.


Rebekah is a HORRIBLE typer. Basically she cheats during her typing time in school. She doesn't realize that is what she is doing but... it is. She looks at the keyboard & pecks. After TOTAL meltdown yesterday she now has to do 1 typing exercise each day after school withOUT looking at the keys. She completed her 1st assignment today... with only a minor meltdown. It's quite rare for Rebekah to act in this manner. I'm quite glad I don't have to deal with this behavior on a regular basis... she doesn't realize if she just does the work she'll be typing in no time!

Everyone has their own rooms. However, Victoria is afraid of... EVERYTHING! If she sleeps by herself she ends up in our bed. Therefore, each night we find someone willing to sleep with her. It's funny, we usually have 2 empty bedrooms at night. If one person has someone to sleep with, the others want the same. I am glad they enjoy spending time together. Isabelle is such a sweet big sister to Victoria. Isabelle likes her space but is so kind to let Victoria snuggle up to her... stinky blankie & all!


Ryan & I had a great time in Florida. We spent so much time just walking up & down the beach talking. We haven't been great about date night. It was nice to catch up. It's always fun to visit with the Duncan's. They are so sweet. We met up with Jay & Stacy and enjoyed a session at the Orlando Temple then a late dinner. They are just starting that long road of med school... thankfully it does end and gets much better. The weather was beautiful. It tends to clear my head after the long winters. Spring is right around the corner!



Comments

Popular Posts