I had a great run this morning in the rain. I love the rain. I always have. Especially a warm summer rain you can play in for hours. This morning it was a bit cold but it felt good on my face. It was a thinking morning. I heard from a sister that the banker in our hometown (population 800) has been trying to pull a few nasty things on my mom. We were the poorest family in that town most of our lives... all of my years there. Then the Dutch Diner entered our lives and rocked every ones world a bit. Long story short... the golden goose that one day died! My mom & I agree to disagree when it comes to financial matters I am ultra conservative... maybe even a bit extreme for some. However, it works for us. As I ran I kept thinking, "What is this guy thinking? Doesn't he realize mom's most lucrative assets aren't on any paper she can file with a bank? Not that she needs us to but, does he really think with all her kids that they wouldn't help her if need be ? That led to other thoughts... why is it that family members can drive you crazy at times but when someone from the outside takes a swing all issues are laid aside? Which leads to my latest growing experience... learning to love people with all their unique traits. It's easy to love those that are like you or think like you. But, love is what makes things in this life good, peaceable. When you love someone you are so much better at looking past weaknesses or differences. You are patient during their growing stages. It's more about them than you. I think this will be a LONG growing experience! One that unfortunately, won't be painless...

Comments

Popular Posts