Busy, happy days...

Yesterday we decided to change a few things in the girls' rooms. Isabelle and I are over the fairies, butterflies & flowers. She has picked BRIGHT orange, green, yellow & brown (my addition) for her colors... we are really wishing we had Morgan in KC!! Jeanie & I ventured into Home Depot and did a little color hunting. Her bed is now a BRIGHT orange! She loves it. We'll have to post a few pictures as we finish the painting.

Victoria's colors are retro yellow, retro avocado, brown & tealish blue. My mom brought the Holly Hobbie bead spreads we had on our beds growing up the last visit! We pulled Jeanie's bunk beds apart & set them up as 2 twin beds. I think it's going to be adorable & very old fashion looking. I am really excited!



Sam had her last track meet today. I picked the kids up at 3pm & just arrived home at 9:15pm! It was a long afternoon! We had a great time watching everyone run. Casey and Rebekah kept time with watches. An 8th grade boy ran a 5:02 mile & 2:18 half mile. He was a beautiful runner. He ran with such ease. There's something about being at a track meet and watching really talented runners, it's just beautiful. Somehow our kids were put into the 7th grade heats. They spent the first 45 min. reshuffling heats. Unfortunately, a few of the faster kids ended up in the slower heats. Sam beat everyone by a hurdle in her heat but ended up 4th overall. It always helps to run with kids that are faster... you always end up running better yourself. She finished 5th in the 800 & took 12 seconds off her time. Our season is quite short... just about 3 weeks. She signed up for cross country & they start training the first of June... every morning at 6:30AM!! Casey & Rebekah are going to give it a whirl. The H.S. & JR. H. teams will practice together. It was a lot of fun as we spread out around the track to cheer Sam on. Isabelle & Jaycie on one corner; Porter, Victoria & me on another corner; then Casey and Rebekah down the last stretch. I love how they are all cheer like crazy for her. It's the same when the kids are playing soccer and Sam is calling out instructions... "cross it, down the line, get in the box, etc." It was a crazy fast day & it's completely over but a good one.

Tomorrow will be the start of a crazy fast weekend... more painting, a few extra kids, fun, tears (I'm sure), soccer & lots of laughs. THEN... it's MAY!!! Where did Jan. - April go? I'll be 40 & not even remember my final year in the 30's. Who knew 40 would have so much potential... Sam starts High School & Victoria Kindergarten. A temple within 30 minutes & maybe just maybe a couple cows (to eat, no milking yet!)

Gratitude Journal

1. Samantha... I love the look of satisfaction on her face & that she holds her little sister's hand at her track meets. I'm not sure how long she'll enjoy having us as her cheering section but I am going to enjoy it immensely while it lasts.

2. Casey... He's such an enjoyable boy. I love chatting with him in the front seat as we drive to track meets, home from school & anywhere else.

3. Rebekah... She is such a busy bee in the morning. I assigned her the hardest job because I knew she would get to it each morning. The kitchen is so clean & tidy as she walks out for school each morning.

4. Isabelle... She's so kind hearted. Victoria climbed into bed with her last night wanting to snuggle... Isabelle let her in & snuggled up with her. She's always quick to apologize & just as quick to forgive.

5. Porter... Is the cutest thing ever. Yesterday he asked if he could take his backpack out & read in the grass. He climbed the wood pile & walked the length of it on top of the logs. He sat a while, then moved to the grass. He read outside all afternoon.

6. Victoria... 1 of a kind!!! She puts the perfect finishing touch on our family. I love her cute plump cheeks & wild fashion sense. She will always keep me shaking my head amid laughter.


Comments

Popular Posts