Downtown KC on May 24, 2011

We've had a week of major storms! Ryan bought a couple 300 gallon water barrels. He ran the gutters into them. After 1 storm we had 600+ gallons of water! Unfortunately, another storm was approaching & 1 barrel wasn't cooperating! We siphoned (I was pleasantly surprised at the clean taste of rain water) off the water into buckets & then the yard so the water wouldn't overflow & run down the foundation. One didn't empty fast enough & we were stuck in a down pour. Water was gushing everywhere! I could just see the water flowing onto the basement patio & then into the house! Here's where the FUN begins...

I try to put the gutter back together with random pieces... NONE of them are working. Ryan is standing in the garage... he's learned in situations like these to just keep his distance. The rain is an absolute down pour. It's SO cold! In 30 seconds I am soaked through. I've never seen that amount of water gushing out of a gutter. I'm pinching the gutters to fit inside each other. My brother Aaron is visiting... he's thinking he should come help me but then both of us would be soaked & there's not much more he could do. At one point I clench my fists & let out a nice "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"! It's not so cold anymore. A few more minutes & everything is working. Aaron throws me a towel, I attempt to dry off. No such luck, I drip my way to the shower, peel off my second layer of "skin" & enjoy a nice hot shower. A video would be much more entertaining... maybe next time!


Comments

Popular Posts