Pollen, pollen go away.
Never come back ANY day.
Poor Jonnette just wants to breathe!!!

Anyone having the pleasure of seeing me during allergy season will attest to the fact that I am a walking snot bomb waiting to explode & talking as if I have a clothespin stuck on my nose. The other day Porter answered me with his nose pinched... laughing as he made fun of my voice. I am DYING!!! Mascara is worn on an emergency basis ONLY! My eyes itch, burn & "leak" constantly. Medicine, you say... Yes, I am taking a pill, using eye drops, a nose mist & utilizing a Netti pot daily! Every year I let myself believe it's not going to be that bad. Then it starts & I remember just how horrible I feel. I should never have signed up for a race in the spring. Note to self, never run a spring race again! I don't sleep & when I do it's not a good sleep. Long story short, I feel HORRIBLE & am getting little sleep.

So, the other night Ryan is trying to get the tiller hooked up to the tractor. It wasn't connecting properly. I go out to help. I adjust a couple things & it goes right on. However, we can't get the PTO connected. I try a couple times standing up. I DO NOT want to lay down in the grass... it's what is making me MISERABLE. Did I mention I get hives after I run/work up a sweat?! I'm laying in the grass working on this thing & it won't go! Ryan can't read my mind so is not the best assistant. Something falls into my already irritated eyes. My hands are covered in grease as well as part of my clothing. I am so frustrated. I pull the PTO apart, get the arm attached but can't put it back on to the tiller. I unattached it, put it back together then reattach the PTO. Everything fits this time. I'm climbing back out from under the tractor & Ryan says to Casey, "You better marry a girl that knows how to do this." I snarl, "He better LEARN to do this!" I see Ryan's countenance fall. I know he feels very inadequate fixing things. I say, "I didn't marry you because you were handy." He doesn't say anything back. I climb up on the tractor take his face in my hands & say, "I am tired & miserable which makes me very grouchy. I didn't marry you because you were handy." He replies, "You didn't know I wasn't handy." I say the same thing again, "I didn't marry you because you were handy" & add an "I love you!" & a kiss. How I would love to have a handy man around. However, I wouldn't trade Ryan for a million handymen. He is what makes life bearable when everything is falling down around me. He is who lets me sleep a little longer when he's home in the mornings. He is who will do ANYTHING I ask, if I just ask. He is the love of my life... handy or not!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We want to breathe too!!!! love you guys--rb

Popular Posts