Today began at 3:30AM. I woke Sam up at 4AM & the pie making began. We delivered her last pie at 9:45AM.
Then off to the Winter Quarters Temple with Casey for a youth temple trip. I came home and crashed for a bit. Ryan woke me up, he had to run & pick-up a couple 300 gallon water tanks... gardening/fruit trees! The kids & I decided to open the pool. It was the perfect day. The kids threw their swimsuits on & in they went... 60* water & a lot of yuck! The didn't seem to mind either. I needed 2 parts to get the filter running. The Lord's hand in my life... the little hardware store in Platte City stays open until 7pm on Saturday night! They had both parts I needed!!
I picked Sam & Casey up in town then ran to the hardware store. Casey was excited to help clean the pool. We fixed the filter & turned it on... water goes EVERYWHERE!! The seal on the slide burst. We turn it off, I go over and put it back together then have Casey turn it back on. Everything thing seems fine until I open the valve on the slide... water is EVERYWHERE again & ALL over me. Casey is laughing hysterically calling out he wished he had it on tape! He turns it off. I look around & realize I had all the filter holes still plugged. We open them all up & everything runs smoothly. We didn't finish the pool & hot tub until 9:30PM. The kids were WONDERFUL. Sam put Victoria to bed at 7PM. Everyone else scrubbed, played, splashed, etc. We all had a great evening. I was so happy to have company while getting everything ready for this summer. I miss my pool man, unfortunately that cute man was working. Go figure! I can't complain. I loved the time spent outside today/tonight with everyone. Rebekah, Isabelle & Porter decided to catch frogs.
I'm not a huge fan of amphibians. However, our kids LOVE them. As I finished up with the pool, listening to them giggle & play I thought, "I can't imagine a more perfect place to be." I love everything about this place. It's as if Heavenly Father took every little one of my heart's desires and put it on these 13 acres. It really is my little piece of Heaven. So, the pool is running. The hot tub is clean and warming as I type. The kids have planned their Monday afternoon swim. The hot tub always helps temper the freezing cold pool water.

Comments

Ok...now I really want to come and visit, pool, pies, frogs, fruit trees, all you guys. I want to come!
Ben and Laurie said…
The kids had lots of fun playing out there today--they fell right asleep...

I am amazed that you are able to put things together like you do. I would have made such a mess of it that Ben would have begged me not to try. Sounds like it was pretty comical though. The frog pics are disgusting!!

Popular Posts