The moments over!  Back to reality... Casey is teasing, Porter is crying, Sam is sleeping, Rebekah & Isabelle are fighting over who made what mess in their shared closet & Victoria is... being neglected, AGAIN!!  After much arguing I finally deemed today a work/read day... if you are not working you are in your room reading a book!  It worked out well.  Except Casey would not listen to me, Porter still cried,Victoria continued to be neglected and Sam was dreaming.  It all began when Isabelle yelled at Rebekah as I walked into her room.  Trying to be the "good" mom I asked why she would yell at her like that and what was going on, trying to get them to communicate better with each other.  Rebekah shocked me with her reply, "I share everything, a closet, a room, clothes, EVERYTHING!  Nothing is mine, I have to share everything!"  I was taken back a bit.  She's never expressed those feelings quite that way.  She then sat down and cried.  I got up & started pulling all of Victoria's things out of their room.  I didn't know where I was going to put her but it was time Rebekah had her own space, especially with middle school starting this fall.  There were more tears... Victoria didn't want her things out, Rebekah was feeling horrible that Victoria was sad.  Part of me was doing it because I was mad.  So I kept asking myself, "Is this something that has to be done or are you just mad?"  As I kept taking her things out I kept feeling like it needed to be done.  I was upset yet calm at the same time.  This was not a put all the toys in a black trash bag then feel guilty and give them back later moment.  Believe me, I've had PLENTY of those!  As I processed through all my options the only one that really worked was putting her in Porter's room.  So, Porter has a new roomie!    He has a bed plus a bunk bed in his room so it works out great.  It also cuts down on tidying rooms in the morning.  Now I just have 1 to help with instead of 2.  Victoria never sleeps in her own bed anyway.  She finds someone to sleep with every night.  If she doesn't, she is in our bed.  Sam had joined the living & helped Victoria process what was going on.  Victoria went to Rebekah and told her, "This isn't my favorite room, it's just the only one I had here.  I like Porter's room!"  Rebekah stopped feeling sad, I could see the joy she felt about having her own space!  She and Isabelle finished up the closet together, happy!  They reported, "Mom, we are just going to end up in each other's closet sharing clothes!"  Porter and Victoria each have their side of the closet as well as a few toys under their beds.  Porter read an entire Junie B. Jones today, Rebekah logged 3.5 hours, Izy logged 3 and they both slept in Rebekah's room finishing the night with a bit more reading!  I guess it's not so much about being alone as having her own space when she needs it!


I had a RS meeting tonight.  Ryan fed the kids as I walked out the door.  They had fun plans... after dinner they would put their swimsuits on, water all the trees then go for a swim.  I walked back in just in time for Ryan to leave for work.  The music was blaring, everyone was smiling & laughing.  I kissed him goodnight as he walked out the door.  Rebekah & Isabelle grabbed their books, I tucked Porter in while Sam and Casey ran to the neighbors house to finish the watering.  Victoria fell asleep on the floor as I typed.  Seasons really are changing.  I'm not sure if I'm up to the challenge?!  Like always...   ready or not here it comes!  

Gratitude Journal:

1. Vinegar & Water in a spray bottle... Windex left all my mirrors streaky no matter how much I buffed!  V+W=streak free mirrors!
2. Music, Music, Music!  It makes everything happier around our house.
3. Gravel roads.  They take me away & let me feel I am a million miles away from everyone. (even though I'm not!)
4. Happy Kids!  Walking in tonight and seeing all the happy faces makes my heart sing.  (thankfully not my mouth... everyone would no longer be smiling or maybe they would because they couldn't help but laugh.)  
5. Ryan...  You are the love of my life!  I adore you more and more as the years pass.  My heart would crumble into a million pieces if I had to live without you.  I thank my lucky stars and the greatest tender mercy of all to have you.  Life with you just keeps getting better and better!  I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts