Tonight was back to school night.  I made 4 round trips to Platte City today!  There are 5 schools in our district.  Rising Star (K), Siegrist (1-3), Paxton(4-5), PCMS(6-8) & PCHS(9-12).  I have kids at EVERY school!  Isabelle's back to school night over lapped with the HS athletic meetings.  Porter's was hours before Isabelle's.  Casey's was Tuesday of last week, Rebekah's Wednesday of last week, Sam's Thursday of last week, Victoria's was before I registered her & missed completely.  Thursday night is class meetings at Seigrist.  Fun, fun, fun!



Tonight as I walked down the halls of PCHS I physically became nauseous.  I think back on my own experiences and it makes me ill.  Just last year I wrote & sent a letter to a girl I went to HS with apologizing for how I had treated her.  It's one I had written literally a hundred times since graduating but never sent.  I was part of the in crowd.  (Only because Adamson's were athletes & cute.)  I think that's what makes me ill.  I remember how others were treated and it goes against everything the gospel teaches.  I'm not sure WHAT I was thinking back then.  I just want my kids to get in & get out.  Sam is making some good friends that I think will help ease the stresses of HS.  They are good kids with similar standards.  She's branching out into the stake.  She makes us laugh.  The other Sunday we went to a nursing home, we had a couple hours before our meetings started.  Instead of going home she sat through a different sacrament meeting to go to Sunday school with a friend from another ward.  I think I would have passed on 5 hours of church.   I'm grateful for good kids she enjoys spending time with.    HS is difficult.  I hope she can stay focused on what really matters and let the other stuff roll off.  I need to make the time to really check in with her.

Comments

Popular Posts