September is flying by!  I can't believe how busy life is right now.  I'm up at 5AM & feel as if I am behind for the better part of the day!  Our mornings have 2 scenarios...

A (scenario B in{ })
5AM Sam up 
5:15 Lunches/Breakfast made
5:30 Casey up & showers
5:44 (suppose to be 5:40) leave for early morning seminary
6:00 Drop Sam at church
6:15 Return home/wake Rebekah up     {Run with Jeanie}
6:30 Wake Porter, Isabelle & Victoria/family scriptures  {Ryan takes over}
7:00 More lunch packing & breakfast
7:10 Casey & Rebekah out the door for school  
7:15 Tidy rooms, brushing teeth, last minute homework, last minute wardrobe change, finding SOMETHING, etc.     {Ryan gets ready for work & leaves}
8:10 (suppose to be 8:05) load up 
8:15 Pick Jenna up & off to school
8:30 Drop Isabelle & Jenna
8:35 Drop Porter
8:40 Drop Victoria
9AM back home

During this time I try to accomplish as many tasks as possible... one day I came home and went back to bed!!! That was my favorite day. These 6 hours FLY by!  Do a bit of cleaning, bill paying, grocery shopping & they are gone.

3:15 Rebekah arrives home
3:20 Start dinner prep/ help Rebekah with list or homework
4:30 Isabelle, Porter & Victoria arrive home... hungry!
4:45 Leave to pick up Sam & Casey
5:00 Retrieve Sam and Casey from cross country practice... no more activity bus to our house:(
5:15 Back home   {T/TH leave for soccer practice... Rebekah, Isabelle, Porter}
5:30 Dinner
6:00 Clean up
6:15 Homework
6:45 Prayers & snuggles
7:00 Victoria & Porter to bed
7:10 Phase Ten with Rebekah & Isabelle
7:45 Rebekah & Isabelle in bed, lights out
8:00 Tuck Casey in after chatting
8:15 Sam & quizzes or homework!
9:00 Wash my face & go to bed.

Now if it would all flow as smoothly as that!  Every morning there is something, the dog won't listen, a book is lost, someone forgot to do homework, clothes aren't clean, shoes are "missing", at least 1 person is grouchy!  Then, in the evening there is always a forgotten assignment, quiz or project due that needs attention.  This morning it was Isabelle dressing up like a bunny!  What a morning...



I had an ah ha moment the other day.  Sam has the potential to run well this year.  No matter what she'll do just fine.  However, Ryan and I see the potential she has.  As we've encouraged her and given her unsolicited advise she's taken some & ignored some.  She's learned a few hard lessons... eating before a race is essential!  As I thought about it I realized it's the same with our Heavenly Father, He sees our true potential.  He teaches us what we should do but then lets us make our own decisions.  Sometimes we listen, others we completely ignore, even blatantly rebelling at times.  The contention that would come from trying to force us into doing something we didn't want defeats the purpose.  I saw on a small scale why things work the way they do with our agency.  Sam is one of those kids that has to learn for herself.  However, as she learns she begins to see that Ryan & I do know a thing or two and she begins to trust our advise.  It still comes down to her (us) deciding what is important & how much she (we) want to put into running (life!).  I am amazed at the patience Heavenly Father has with me.  I am learning everyday from how He parents me.  I'm seeing firsthand how "agreeing with thine adversary" works.  How long suffering and patience changes attitudes and increases feelings of trust.  I see how the past 10 years of trials have shaped me into a person better equipped to handle the trials I face now.  Within the next 4 years we will have 5 teenagers living under 1 roof (plus an 11 year old going on 21!)  What excitement these crazy 6 will bring to our home.  



Ryan and I leave tomorrow morning for a weekend with his family.  It's Wilford's 80th birthday!  I'm sure it will be a fast & furious few days.  

Sam - I love you... relax, be kind & love your little brothers and sisters.

Casey - I love you... take care of your little brother and all your sisters.  

Rebekah - I love you... don't take things too seriously, always be true to you.

Isabelle - I love you... listen to your heart, it will never lead you astray, apologize quickly & sincerely.

Porter - I love you... climb high, never look down & laugh.

Victoria - I LOVE YOU!!  I love your smile & bright eyes.  I love to see & hear you sing "Charlie just got back from the Army." Believe in yourself! 





Comments

Ben and Laurie said…
It's good to see you posting again! You make parenting seem so good. Have a great trip.

Popular Posts