While helping Victoria get settled in her new room... yes we love playing musical rooms!  It takes me about 5 years before I really get settled.  Then we move!  We started playing Outburst Jr.  The kids were all gathered in Victoria's room.  They just like to be where everyone else is.  It was fun.  We put Victoria's clothes away, tidied up & guessed words/phrases/etc. from different categories.  As we headed down stairs for dinner Isabelle asked if we could play while eating.  We had an easy dinner of chicken patty, mashed potatoes and salad.  The kids each took turns checking off the words/phrases as we called them out.  It was fun.  Porter called while I was picking Sam up & asked if he could have a almond joy.  I said no, then thought, "why can't he?  he hasn't had any sweets today."  So I told him I changed my mind & that he could have one.  I'm trying really hard to only say no when I absolutely have to.  We had some mischievous visitors tonight.  The kids tried catching them but the darkness won out & they stayed pretty close to the house.  Tonight seemed like one of those near perfect evenings as a family.  It reaffirms my feelings of focusing on our family & creating those fun family moments.  I love the closeness I felt tonight between us.  I love that they enjoy spending time together & that they truly want to be together.  

Comments

Popular Posts