Christmas Eve 2012... Ryan is working.  We had a fun day.  The kids, grandpa and I joined the Call's at the Golden Corral for lunch.  We stopped by Home Depot to pick out a few gifts for Ryan.  The kids had a ball filling up his tool box.  Then a hair cut which turned into hair cuts!  By the time we arrived home Ryan was awake.  He joined us at the Call's for the traditional Luke 2 reading and some yummy chili.  Then off to work he went.  The kids and I hung around playing games.  We drove home and I realized I hadn't gotten anything for Rebekah & Isabelle.  Thank goodness for ToysRus & their late Christmas Eve hours.  I got the kids tucked in then Sam & I ran to pick out a few very last minute gifts.  For the past 10 years Ryan has been working at hospitals that are understaffed.  He is either coming home at midnight or leaving around dinner time during the holidays.  Hopefully this new job will bring him home more during those times.  

A few of my favorite moments...
1.  Smashing ice on the pond with Rebekah, Casey & Porter.
2.  Hauling wood for the fire with Rebekah, Casey & Ryan.
3.  Reading Tormod with Porter... I am loving this book just as much if not more than Porter!
4.  Snuggling with Isabelle on the couch.
5.  Shopping with the kids for Ryan's Christmas gift.


I love being outside.  There are no ringing phones.  No time constraints.  Just the fresh crisp air and my fun kids.  There is something I get from being outside working.  It fills me in some way.  My favorite past time right now is hauling wood.  It's one I'd like to say I dreaded as a kid but I didn't.  I think I've always found pleasure in it.  I can remember "loading" each other up, piling the wood as high as our little arms could hold.  We'd walk it over to the deck and drop it for the "little" kids to pick up and carry inside.  I loved playing on the woodpile.  I would pretend I was an explorer, cowboy, detective, etc.  I love watching my kids enjoy those same things.  There is a pile of dirt in our backyard right now.  The kids LOVE that pile.  Ryan and I have talked of moving it somewhere we can keep it.  They have so much fun on it.  The simplicity of a child's world it very appealing right now.  I feel as though the Lord has taught me to trust Him with the temporal things.  I feel as though I am being taught how to trust Him with the emotional and spiritual things.  There are so many things that are not right or fair.  I am learning to let go of justice and embrace mercy.  I am learning... ever so slowly... but learning.  

Comments

Popular Posts