Ryan took Sam, Casey, Rebekah, Porter & Grandpa to New Mexico for the week.  They've enjoyed time with cousins snowboarding & skiing.  Ryan suffered a concussion, I guess someone came flying down the mountain into him.  He was seeing double for a day & a half.  Thankfully he is good to drive today.  They are headed home.  I have really missed him.  Victoria & Isabelle have enjoyed a week of 24/7 cousin time. It's been fun having just the two of them.  January is right around the corner & it's usually a rough month.  I think I'm going to hunker down and minimize everything possible.  Ryan has an easy month, they were trying to persuade him to stay... thank-you Cindy!  I'll enjoy the 7A-4P schedule all month.  The only change would be if they changed a few of the shifts to 12 hours.  He's still home by 7:30 every night!  We've never had a month like that.  It will be perfect for family dinner, games and fun.  January is going to be the month I get everything back in order.  I'm creating my schedule.  I feel like I've just been "going with it" the past year and a half.  It's time to get a little order back into my life.  Before Sam left she asked if we could throw out all the junk when they got back... her exact words, "It's making me sick!"  As I begin my quest for a stronger, more unified, happy family I am including in my plan to cut out the junk & eat like we did as kids... less processed stuff, more basics!  Thankfully my pickiest eater LOVES cracked wheat cereal.  With minimizing everything else it will free up time to cook more.  We'll see how it goes.

5A:     Wake Sam & fix breakfast
5:30:   Wake Casey
5:45:   Take Sam to seminary
6:10:   Wake Izy, Porter & Victoria
6:30:   Family Scriptures/Prayer
7:10:   Casey & Rebekah leave
8:10:   Take Izy, Porter & Victoria to school
8:55:   Throw in a load of laundry
9:00:   Take Misty for a walk/run (I have to get outside in the fresh air!)
10:00: Shower & dressed (unless I put in on my schedule it often doesn't happen!) Fold laundry
11:00: Read scriptures, Sunday school lesson, anything uplifting!
12:00: Lunch... sitting down at the table!

12:30 - 3:00: Tidy the main floor, run errands, grocery shopping, prep for dinner, etc.

3:00   Prep healthy snack for kids coming home.
3:15:  Rebekah & Casey arrive home.
4:30:  Isabelle, Porter & Victoria arrive home as well as RYAN!!!  Finish dinner prep/cooking/etc.
5:00:  Dinner
5:45:  Clean-up
6:00:  Family game
6:30:  Reading time with Victoria & Porter
7:00:  Bedtime for V&P, Game time with Isabelle & Rebekah
7:30:  Bedtime for I&R, Game time or Psych episode with Casey & Sam
8:30: Wash my face, brush my teeth and into bed... snuggle time for me!

Comments

Popular Posts