Our school district has 5 schools...  PCHS, PCMS(6-8), Paxton(4-5), Seigrist(1-3) & Rising Star(K).  I have kids in every school this year.  That means I have 5 schools emailing me plus NUMEROUS teachers with updates, reminders and Friday Reports.  Most of which I don't read.  I get through the folders, right before I send the kiddos back to school!  Thankfully, they are pretty responsible and take care of any homework after school.  I would be in SO much trouble if they were as forgetful as their mother!  The other day a note came home with Victoria.  It talked about the SAT10 testing coming up and asked for 2 notes to put on their desks during testing.  You know, to boost their confidence and calm nerves.  I put it in my to do pile.  They were suppose to be sent in by Monday.  I hand delivered them on Wednesday, testing was almost finished!  With a huge apology for being a very lame Kindergarten mom.  I cannot wait for this year to be over.  I want summer!  No more notes or emails or anything I can forget and feel guilty about.  

Casey has been helping with a little 4 year old boy.  He put his pay in his pocket then continued to play outside with him.  When he got home he couldn't find his money.  He also misplaced his previous pay.  We looked everywhere and called the mom to see if it had fallen out of his pocket, no such luck!  It was gone.  He lost it.  He was rolled up in my covers squealing on my bed.  He was loosing it!  It was mutual night and they were going to shoot shotguns.  I knew he would be so upset if he missed it.  However, he was to the point of no return.  What tends to follow is a crazy irrational flow of yelling, crying and fit throwing.  Ryan had to leave, I only had 5 minutes to work some sort of magic... I rub his back and tell him I'll give him the money.  I reassure him it was a good lesson to learn but I won't make him loose the pay he earned.  I'll give him the money this time.  Next time make sure it's safe.  I tell him to look for the positive, that money was probably a huge blessing for someone.  They probably really needed it.  Surprisingly, he started to come around.  He decided to go shooting.  But he WAS NOT going to the cultural celebration practice.  As he walks out the door I yell the cheesiest, "Listen to the Holy Ghost.  He'll help you!"  I have been trying to get Casey to embrace the idea of really listening for the Holy Ghost.  He is my only hope for this boy.  If I can get him to just listen, he will be fine.  He loves to have fun and laugh.  However, that gets him into mischief!  As long as he can listen and hear the Holy Ghost he'll stay out of any real trouble.  The rest I'll have to take in stride and get use to the many reprimands that I am positive will come.  

My mom always said you can't make anyone do anything, no matter how much you try or how loud you yell!  It's been a roller coaster week with Sam, a few too many hormones flyin' around this house this week.  I've gotten a lot of practice with patience, slowing to anger & long suffering.  I am realizing Sam & I are SO a like in not so good ways.  Mornings for instance, we hate them!  Neither of us function at 5AM. After 40 years I am finally listening to my mom and being still!  It's paying off.  This morning Sam was frustrated and running late.  She has had an unbelievable schedule these past few weeks.  Talk about overload!  Seminary, school, soccer, temple celebration, etc.  Everyday has multiple things going on.  She is physically and emotionally exhausted.  She comes home, eats, does homework and heads to bed.  She hasn't had time to do her laundry and didn't have anything to wear, or so she felt.  She walked into the kitchen at 5:30AM, sat in the middle of the floor and started crying.  Because I am finally learning to be still and could I possibly have acquired a smidgen of patience...  she let me sit with her and rub her back.  It's the sweetest moments as her mother when she leans into my arms needing to be comforted and loved.  She is such a strong, independent, closed person.  She's not one to share a lot let alone, breakdown.  She's learning that I really do love her and that she can trust me to always love her, no matter what!

Today is over, and tomorrow is about to begin.  The dishes are still in the sink, Casey is in my bed, Ryan is working nights and I have piles of laundry!  But, Porter was all smiles about his books from the book fair, we watched Sam play soccer (& win), Izy was REALLY proud of her conservation poster, Casey feels important, Victoria told me she loved me 3 times tonight & Rebekah's cultural celebration outfit is ready.  All in all, I think that constitutes a successful day!  

Comments

Marci said…
I learn so much from your posts. Thank you for sharing! I think I need to tell myself to "be still" every moment of every day! Too bad I didn't read this BEFORE our disastrous morning played out today. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

Popular Posts