I spent a few minutes rereading bits and pieces of this journal.  Some from years ago and others from not so long ago.  It's interesting how life keeps moving.  Sometimes I feel as if I am moving sideways, which is better than backwards I guess.  I started this in hopes of leaving a glimpse of my life with our kids and grandkids.  I wanted our kids to know what it was like for me as their mom.  There's so much of my mom's life and my dad's for that matter that I would love to go back in time and view as an adult.  I think that's what a journal gives people the opportunity to do.  I hope they are able to read about my journey through motherhood and forgive the weaknesses that drive them crazy right now.  I hope it gives them hope that they will make it through on those days they wish for it all to end.  I don't think I'll ever say I adore motherhood or that it is the greatest blessing in my life.  But I do adore my children and feel extremely blessed to be their mother.  They make me smile when I have no smile left in me.  They teach me so much about life and love.  They continue to shape and mold me into the person I am destined to become.  It's funny, I think I am teaching them and helping shape them into good, contributing adults.  However, they are the ones doing most of the shaping and teaching.  There isn't anyone else I'd rather be with than this crazy, messed up group we call our family.  What a blessing they are.  I can't imagine how hard and empty life would be without them.  They are my treasure.  The most priceless, precious treasure I could ever imagine.

Comments

Popular Posts