We had a fun homecoming week.  The kids loved dressing up each day.  Casey's principal told him any  man that can dress like that deserved a candy bar!  He is the kid that doesn't care what anyone thinks.  He loves marching to his own drum and being just who he wants to be.  I love the confidence he has.  I hope it keeps him marching in the right direction.  I see glimpses of him maturing in ways that would make any mother proud.  Throughout that maturing process I'm sure there will be phone calls and criticisms because he is a square peg and doesn't fit inside that all to accepted round peg hole.  How I adore him in all his squareness.  I love his smile and laugh.  He loves to see just how far he can push me.  I am learning, rather quickly now, to just let loose and have a good laugh with him.  Sometimes he only needs a sincere apology to get him out of his miserable funks.  This boy is so much fun to have around.  What would I do without my crazy Casey...

Comments

Ben and Laurie said…
Your family should win a school spirit award. Lexi couldn't wait to tell me about all the crazy ways Izy had dressed up. Love the enthusiasm! Your family is tons of fun!!

Popular Posts