This is the best photo of state I have.  I was too preocupied encouraging her and trying to keep my emotions in check.  She ran a great race.  She finished in the top 50.  She's been a work in progress.  It's fun watching her grow as a runner and a person.  It was an up and down season emotionally.  It all started to change at our home meet midseason.  All season we had told her, "It doesn't matter where you finish.  You run your race.  You race against your times and goals."  As she headed up the last 1/2 mile she had the thought to look behind her.  But instead, told herself it didn't matter.  She was running her race and would finish it her way.  After that race it didn't matter where she finished.  She ran each race in hopes of getting ready for districts and ultimately state.  It was a great day watching her meet her goals.  Each summer and off season she's put forth a little more effort.  I think she's really caught the running bug.  

Comments

Marci said…
So proud of you Sam! I love this picture and wish I could have come cheer you on! Congratulations on an extraordinary season.

Popular Posts