What a fun "quiet" Halloween we had with all our little mimes!  


Isabelle is our queen of spirit week, always dressing up for each day.  She is the cutest little cowgirl around!


Drizzle is the latest addition to Izy's animal collection.  



It started with Casey bragging about how he is taller than me... and ended with him in this position or close to for 26 minutes, yes that's right... 26 minutes!  After telling me how tall he was I joked, I bet I'm still stronger.  Casey replies with, "Let's arm wrestle!"  I agree letting him know I'm a bit weak right now,  I haven't been doing my push-ups or pull-ups for months.  It was no contest.  Granted I'm not your typical 40 year old mom of 6.  The Lord has blessed me with a really strong body.  I preface our match with those sentiments.  He quickly asks for best 2 out of 3 then left arms.  Again, no contest.  He then challenges me to a wrestling match to which I decline.  Unfortunately, he won't leave my room.  So, he ends up in the above position.  We banter back and forth.  He calling for a tie, telling me it's because I weigh too much, etc.  I remind him if I were a typical 40 year old mom of 6 my 20 extra pounds wouldn't be enough to hold him in this position... it's strength that keeps him stuck there.  If I was weak and soft he could break my hold easily.  All three of us (Sam, Casey & I) laugh as the conversation carries on.  Casey continues to call for a tie.  I warn him he is going to be stuck here all night.  I tell Sam to start her watch.  After 5 minutes she goes to shower.  21 minutes later after a lot more bantering and laughing we are still in a similar position.  Casey concedes only to challenge me to best 2 out of 3.  I fall down letting him pin me twice in as many minutes.  I call out, "You win!  Now let me go to bed." As I climb into bed I laugh to myself and think... I better start doing my push-ups and pull-ups again.  I can't have him beat me yet, not while in Jr. High!  

Comments

Marci said…
You are the coolest 40 year old mom of 6...it's no wonder Ruthie wants to play "Geddes Family" all of the time now!

Popular Posts