Driving to school Victoria said, "I'm scared, what if they come to my school."  She was referring to the shootings in CT.  I reassured her everything would be fine then asked, "Don't you remember what we've taught you about dying?  Porter jumped in with, "You'd go straight to Heaven with Jesus!  You haven't been baptized yet."  I told her Grandma Geddes and Grandpa Adamson are there and they would be waiting for her.  They'd grab her and hug her and be so happy to see her.  We talked about how dying is like going home after a long vacation.  I asked her how she felt after going to the beach for a week, if she was happy to be going home?  She replied with a resounding, "YES!"  As fun as vacation is, it can never compare to home.  This place, this world is not our home.  Our home is with a loving Heavenly Father and elder brother, Jesus Christ.  We are on an extended stay vacation.  It made me think of how I am spending my time here... am I getting all I can out of this vacation or am I wasting the trip?  Would I go to the beach then spend the entire week sitting inside watching TV!  Travel all the way to Hawaii to sit in a movie theater or shop in a mall?  So, why on this "vacation" am I wasting my time on frivolous trinkets?  Why am I not trying to learn everything I possibly can through the "brochures" and "tour guides" provided me?  I don't want to return home with just a token souvenir.  I want to experience all He has prepared for me.  The good, the bad, the ugly... each bit helps me become a little bit more like Him, a little bit closer to being ready to return and report.  I've decided I need to live each day like it is the last day of vacation.  Pack it full of things that will bring lasting happiness and forever memories.   

Comments

Popular Posts