Gratitude Journal... I haven't done one of these for a while!
1. Nice people... they make life bearable.
2. The Atonement... it's healing power and constantness (is that a real word).
3. Death... it means this life will definitely end, even if it takes a hundred years it will end.
4. Knowledge and Faith... to know the purpose of life and understand He really does care and has a plan.
5. Peace... there is nothing like the peace the Holy Ghost brings.  When I listen and let the noise of the world go I am at peace with the decisions we've made and who we are.  It's when I let the world in that I become overwhelmed.  I have felt little payoff for the obedience and sacrifices made in raising our family.  Instead I feel judged and belittled, shunned at times.  By the world's standards we are no better off for living the gospel, even worse off in many instances.  I've realized I have one foot firmly planted in the gospel, practically cemented.  Most often both feet are firmly planted however, at times I try to keep a toe in the world.  I want to find understanding there or possibly acceptance.  I think that is when my world comes crashing in.  I will never find what I am looking for there.  I go back to the scripture in Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
It brings peace back to my soul & reminds me of what I already know...  This crazy mess of a family is growing up fast.  If we hold to the rod and continue to be obedient we will be an eternal family... with all our crazy messed-upness!  Isn't that what this is really all about?

Comments

Ben and Laurie said…
Wow, that's an old pic. It's fun to see how much your family has grown since then. They are so cute!

I love your testimony of raising a family in the gospel.

Popular Posts