My Dad would have been proud!  

Last week I looked at the tractor and thought, "I need to take the mower deck off."  I just didn't want too!  Ryan took our 4x4 vehicle to work this AM after Draco blew threw.  Leaving me with a snow drifted drive and snow covered lane.  The only way I was getting out was if I plowed.  Remember that mower deck I thought I should remove?  As I climbed under the tractor this morning I thought of the countless times my dad worked out in the frigid Northern Illinois winters on vehicles.  I was in the comfort of a basement garage.  My clothes were filthy, my hands black with grease.  I hit my head and smashed my finger.  Each time I slid under the tractor it would snag my stocking cap or shirt.  Not to mention the claustrophobic feelings.  There was less than an inch between my nose and the underside of the tractor.   Most times I would have been thinking not so nice thoughts.  Today was different.  I was grateful I had the ability to help myself.  I was glad to be raised by parents who taught me I could do anything.  I missed the ability to call my dad and say, "My hands looked like yours today."  

Comments

kandi gilbreath said…
you are amazing!!!!!

Popular Posts