My blessings today....

a great visiting teacher
sisters
kids that make me laugh
scriptures that continue to teach & guide
smiles
black permanent markers
rice and chicken
love... lots and lots of love
creative minds... Pinky the Penguin


A Day In The Arctic!
by Porter Geddes

“Help!  Help!” I said while dangling off an arctic glacier.  Just as I called out a mighty wind tickled my chest.  I plummeted towards the icy ocean when a walrus, my adopted mother, jumped out of the water and pulled me to safety.  “Pinky, what do you think you were doing on that icy glacier?” yelled Wilma, my adopted walrus mother.  “Well, let me start at the beginning mother dear,” I answered.

Earlier that day my cousin, Thumb, and I went fishing.  While fishing I dared him to lick the frozen glacier.  When he licked it his tongue got stuck.  He looked hilarious.  His bum was in the air wiggling like a bowl full of jello.  But he got steaming mad.  I tugged and pulled with all my might when finally his tongue came loose.  We both went flying.  

Then Thumb dared me to dance the penguin anthem on top of old icy, the arctic glacier.  I was to the part when I did a flip.  Suddenly, a polar bear threw a fish at me.  I squiggled around with that haddock.  Then I tripped over a chunk of loose ice.  It was the piece Thumb’s tongue took out!  I slipped and slid to the edge of old icy!  Now that is how I was dangling from an arctic glacier.

After Wilma checked that I was o.k. she gave me a quick kiss on the head.  Then she took me home.  That night we had fish and shrimp.  When Wilma tucked me in she told me never to go on old icy again or play dares!  I told her I was sorry and drifted off to sleep; dreaming of dancing haddock, twirling polar bears and jiggling ice cubes.

Comments

Popular Posts