Porter was jumping out of his skin last night, he was SO excited.  Every time I sent him to bed I'd find him bouncing off another wall!  He flew out to Ohio this morning with Sam.  I dropped them at 6AM and off they flew.  Sam loves her birthday gift (flight) each year.  Porter is loving the thought of becoming her companion flyer.  Victoria was very sad she didn't get to visit Mia & Jesi, but put a little package together for them.  Ohio... we need to plan a family visit soon.  

Sam turned 16 on Wednesday.  Ryan picked her up from seminary and away they went.  Final destination, DMV.  Prior to her official test they drove the area getting familiar with the roads and signs.  Good thing, while driving with Ryan she blew through a 4-way stop.  She past with flying colors and is officially a licensed driver!!!!  WHOO-HOO!  No more early morning seminary runs or after practice pick-ups.  While in Ohio she'll have her 1st official date, it's bitter-sweet.  I couldn't ask for a better date but I am going to miss seeing her leave and talking when she gets home that evening.  I guess I'll have to wait a few days... she's worse than I am on the phone... yes, no, fine, ok, bye.  

Ryan picked out charms for each of the girls' charm bracelets for Valentines.  He added a personal note with each one.  They were so cute and very fitting... 
  • Sam - running shoe 
  • Rebekah - sand dollar 
  • Isabelle - cow
  • Victoria - sleeping bag (she sleeps in Ryan's closet in a sleeping bag - she's afraid of everything and feels safe there)
Porter asked what I got for Casey & him.  I gave a lame excuse that Valentines Day is really for girls.  But I would get him something.  He wanted to know what.  I said chocolate.  He asked for... you got it, another book!!!  The #10 How to Train Your Dragon.

Sam had a formal etiquette dinner.  A group of girls headed to the thrift stores.  Sam bought a wedding dress with the intent to die it.  Tiny bought a dress a million sizes too big... her grandma is a talented seamstress!  Rebekah and I cooked up a little magic of our own and periwinkle finally turned into a beautiful blue.  Here's a before and after...

While in Ohio I turned a stair-wall into our very own art gallery.  That wall gave me the idea to do something with the brown on brown stripes going to the basement.  I decided to turn it into our Gratitude Wall.  Each night after prayers we all wrote one thing we were grateful for.  Thankfully Aunt Jeanie liked the idea and added her three sense... get rid of the stripes, add some color and order vinyl lettering!  

The kids absolutely LOVE writing on the wall.  It's fun to see what they come up with and it ends our night on such a positive uplifting note.  There's a lot less bickering and complaining.


Comments

Ben and Laurie said…
Your wall idea is so neat. Madi wants me to tell you she LOVES it!!

Popular Posts