My little moment of joy...

I was dropping the kids off for school but had to drop Sam's watch off first.  The time was getting late and I knew Victoria & Audrey liked to be to school early.  I asked Porter if he could run Sam's watch in then walk to school.  Porter's school is less than 100 yds from the High School.  He said yes.  As he jumped out of the car he asked, "Can you wait until I come out?"  I said yes but was thinking, "this is defeating my entire purpose of having him walk to his school."  I just smiled to myself and waited.  As he walked out of the high school he smiled a huge smile at me and jumped over a concrete wall.  I knew the minute he jumped it was a race!  I pulled away and onto the street.  He was running as fast as his little legs could carry him trying to beat me.  As we honked and waved he flashed me the happiest smile ever.  In that moment the feelings I felt can only be described as joy; pure, absolute joy.  The world will never understand the fulfillment I feel from my family.  There is no job, title, position, award or success that could ever make me feel the way I do in those moments.  They are what fill me and make me complete. 

Comments

Popular Posts