Tonight I took a dear friend to her favorite restaurant.  It's a quaint little french place in a quaint little town.  She LOVES it!  The couple that owns it are from France.  She speaks to them in their native tongue.  We sat and talked while enjoying the exquisite food.  We talked of life and enduring.  She turned 78 today.  We discussed life and trials.  Repentance and forgiveness.  It was uplifting and inspiring.  She's struggling right now.  My testimony of Christ was a raging inferno.  It's becoming so simple.  All that is good and uplifting is of Christ.  Slowly, I am learning to shut out anything that isn't of Christ.  We talked of our struggles.  I shared how much the past few years have been about pleading with the Lord to take away my hard-heartedness and allow me to feel peace.  To let go of the hurts and allow the Lord to heal my heart.  "I'm finally feeling peace", I told her.  But followed that statement up quickly with, "I know I'll be on my knees again pleading for forgiveness for the hard-heartedness that will revisit soon enough.  I came home feeling like I did some good today.  I helped the Lord lift her for a few moments and strengthen her.  She felt loved and I felt joy.  Then life hit once again, the hurts came flooding in.  I didn't expect it so soon.  It blindsided me.  So I sit and question how to continue to endure when life keeps throwing curve balls.  The tears start and the sadness settles in and I hear the words and testimony I shared with my dear friend tonight ringing in my ears.  And I have to decide, trust in the Lord and His will and ways or let those hurts whisper untruths and harden my heart. 

Comments

Popular Posts