There are so many days my head is spinning.  Then all of a sudden everything stops and something comes into focus.  Yesterday after school Sam and Rebekah were home, Casey at the school getting ready for a basketball game, Izy and Tori at piano & Porter riding the bus home.  Ryan was working a 24 hour shift with a very weak plan for dinner.  This guy will go days on nothing but PB&J and OJ.  Rebekah was sweeping and Sam washing dishes when I asked them if they wanted to take their Dad dinner.  Smiling ear to ear they jumped at the chance.  When they were little Ryan worked 7 minutes from our house.  We took him lunch, dinner, treats, etc ALL the time.  The kids loved running into the ER asking for their Dad.  The girls waited for Porter to get home and off they went.  In that moment everything came into focus.  I have kids that want to lighten my load, they new my head was spinning, saw a mess in the kitchen and jumped right in to help.  They love their Dad!  They were so excited to surprise him with dinner.  They loved eating with him, spending time with him.  They met the rest of us at Casey's basketball game.  He played great and is such a good kid.  It shows in his temperament on the court and with his teammates.  We ended the night reading Elder S. Gifford Nielsen's talk.  Evenings like that bring everything that is important into perfect focus.  I laid down last night full of peace and contentment. 


Porter woke up in my bed this morning and asked me, "Mom, if am a doctor and have lots of kids and live in a small house will my kids bring me lunch a lot?"  I just laughed.  I knew where his thinking was.  I asked, "Why a small house?"  He responded, "Then I wouldn't have lots of debts so they could bring me lunch like we did in Kentucky."  I laughed out loud.  I explained to Porter we only lived 7 minutes from Dad's work in KY and 15 in OH.  We passed both places everyday running our errands.  That is why we took Dad treats and food so often.  I explained that we aren't often by the hospitals he works at and they are much farther away.  It was a fun conversation at 6:15 this morning.  

Gratitude Journal:

1. Being reminded of who I am by those I love.
2. My sweet Porter and his ever processing mind.
3. A family that loves and cares for each other.
4. A good man to call my husband.
5. My testimony in Jesus Christ, without it I would be unmistakably lost!

Comments

Popular Posts