This pool is the bane of my existence every spring and fall.  Victoria and Porter begged to open it mid April.  I finally caved and told them if they could get the cover off by themselves, they could open the pool.  They accomplished it!  Fast forward a few weeks and I have yet to fill the pool or get the filter running.  Green algae takes over!  Knowing I was leaving for a week I got it up and running and the algae under control.  Unfortunately, those left at home didn't keep it under control.  I came home to a completely green pool.  $$$, chemicals, $$$ and more chemicals... still green.  This was the first time I could not get the pool to clear up.   I tried everything, the thought of emptying the pool and starting over was so overwhelming.  I didn't want to do it.  I knew I should, but didn't want to.  After working for days I decided it was no use.  It was time to empty it.  With less than 2 feet of water left I started treating the pool.  It slowly started clearing up.  Those first few hours I questioned if it really was clearing up.  By the following morning I could tell things were going in a good direction.  After clearing it completely of green algae we refilled the pool.  The amazing thing is, the pool looks the best it ever has.  It is crystal clear and perfectly balanced... something I've never been able to do.  

Comments

Popular Posts