We've had a great summer.  We've finished a lot of projects and have had a lot of laughs.  My favorite part of the day is sitting down as a family and reading scriptures.  The kids take turns each morning choosing where we read.  They often pick a chapter from their personal study.  We've jumped around a lot but the discussions are great.  Today we read from the conference issue of the Ensign.  (We started a tradition a few years back, we order everyone a personal copy of the conference issue.  As we read everyone marks things that stand out or "speak" to them.  When we finish reading we share those thoughts.)  As we started sharing our thoughts I started writing down what the kids said... a new journal was born!  I love reading the conference issue of the Ensign as a family.  I can't count the number of times the counsel given is exactly what we needed to hear at that time.  Today we read Filling Our Homes with Light and Truth.  


Thought
Action
Victoria Don’t let Satan in. I will be selfless.
Porter You have to start.  YOU can make a difference. I won’t wait for everyone else to do it.
Isabelle Keep the spirit with us.  We will be strong. I will say my prayers and read my scriptures BEFORE school.
Rebekah How I live influences us. I will always choose the right.  Make where I stand a Holy Place.
Casey When I learn truth I must live it. I will apply the truth I learn everyday.
Samantha Families are where we practice becoming like Christ. I will practice!!
Mom God will speak to you! I will make quiet time daily to listen.
Dad Share your testimony I will share it more. 

I love the spirit I feel in our home this summer.  After we read as a family we all find a quiet spot and spend 15-20 minutes in personal study.  The peace during those quiet moments is intoxicating.  I am so grateful for leaders that continue to teach us those simple truths that bring such peace and happiness.   

Comments

kandi g said…
you need to know I think you are awesome and amazing and wonderful! I thank God for you and I MISS YOU!!!

Popular Posts