"My dear sisters, the Lord allows us to be tried and tested, sometimes to our maximum capacity.  We have seen the lives of loved ones--and maybe our own--figuratively burned to the ground and have wondered why a loving and caring Heavenly Father would allow such things to happen.  But He does not leave us in the ashes; He stands with open arms, eagerly inviting us to come to Him.  He is building our lives into magnificent temples where His Spirit can dwell eternally... The trials and tribulation that we experience may be the very things that guide us to come unto Him and cling to our covenants so that we might return to His presence and receive all that the Father hath." --Linda S. Reeves

The lesson in YW today is on Adversity.  There are moments I think I doubt God's plan.  But then I realize I am only afraid of the pain His plan will inflict.  Growing is painful, even unbearable at times. I am happy to say, I do trust my loving Heavenly Father.  I doubt my weaknesses and abilities but am sure of His power and ways.

Side-note: We attended a Priest/Laurel activity (girls & boys 16-18) last night.  Rebekah was there with Ryan and me.  There was a devotional, dinner, games and a dance.  It was the last dance, a slow song.  Ryan walked me out to dance when Rebekah came flying in between us.  She was staking her claim for the last dance.  I conceded and watched one of the sweetest moments.  They danced, talked and laughed.  She was in the arms of a good man, safe and happy.  I love when the Lord allows me glimpses of what He sees in my husband and reminds me just how lucky I am.

Comments

Popular Posts