Day 19

Today was a little hectic and chaotic.  We were able to shovel a couple drives, get home to work on school projects, make soup for Washington Park, get Porter to climbing and then serve at Washington Park.  It was bitter cold, the windchill was in the single digits. The Best Part of My Day was having a pair of boots that fit a man at the park today.  He was so excited.  He sat on a bench as I helped take his wet torn up shoes off.  It reminded me of helping the kids come in from playing in the snow or getting ready to go out into the snow.  His feet were freezing as I put an extra pair of warm socks on his feet.  The boots fit perfectly.  I can't describe the feeling I had kneeling on the cold ground helping this man.  I honestly can't put the thoughts and feelings into words.  I love the experiences this service opportunity gives our family.  I love the empathy I hear as our children express their thoughts on the way home. 

Comments

Popular Posts