Day 23

Best Part of My Day: Helping Izy with her NHD project.  This project has been one difficulty after another. None of which had to happen but just did. We had absolutely no control over these crazy flukes of happenstance. At one point she looked at me and asked, “Why does this always happen to me?” It was a fair question. If something will go wrong it goes wrong with Isabelle. At that moment I looked at her and said, “I don’t know. But you are not a victim. It happened and there is nothing to do except fix what we can.” Later in the afternoon after another crazy hiccup, she looked at me again and said, “This always happens.”  It opened a conversation about how God works with us. And how blessed she is to have the life she has. It really comes down to do we trust God enough to let Him work His plan within each of our lives. Do we trust Him enough to endure the difficulties the way He endured His?  Galatians 5:22-23 is engrained in my mind right now. His way is love, joy, peace, LONGSUFFERING, GENTLENESS, goodness, faith, MEEKNESS, and TEMPERANCE.   I was really proud of Isabelle today. She chose to use her agency in a way that allowed her to find peace and joy amid a day of difficulty and frustration. 

Comments

Popular Posts