Day 30

I woke up in Orem, Utah on Sam’s couch. Isabelle has a college visit this week at Weber State. She flies in tonight and we head up to Ogden. I was able to fly in early and spend a morning with Sam. We drove up to SLC to see the Henry B Eyring exhibit. It was fascinating and moving. Growing up in that tiny rural Illinois town I wasn’t exposed to a lot of culture outside of the sports realm. I do remember my mom dragging us to the local symphony that played in the outdoor amphitheater in Sterling. I remember dreading those Wednesday nights, but somehow always feeling so good as the music rang out. I think my soul has always appreciated and possibly craved the beauty of the arts. I believe my mom and dad would have been avid lovers of the arts and all things cultural if their circumstances had been different. I remember by parents dancing so elegantly around the gym floor at the annual golden green ball at church. They both loved music. One of my favorite memories is driving in the car with my dad listening to music.



I dropped Sam off at school then enjoyed a quick tour of the Pulitzer Prize Photo exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art. I think this caption sums up exactly how I felt. 


I ended the day eating dinner with Sam, Casey and Phil. I love them!! I love being their mom and I love every minute I get to spend with them. Motherhood makes me laugh, it makes me cry and at times rips out my heart. It’s a great life!!

Comments

Popular Posts