Day 37

Casey has been saying for years, "It's all mental."  He practices his mental strength in a variety of ways.  Some leave us laughing others, shaking our heads.  But I am beginning to realize life really is all mental.  He shared this video today.



"The exercise in this video may appear insensitive or even disrespectful to some, but it most definitely isn't. This is about the affirmation of power over, not submission to what ails you. It is a most powerful exercise because you cannot both laugh about something and hang on to feelings of depression and powerlessness about it at the same time. The ability to laugh about your aches and pains is a sign of maturity and brings great emotional freedom. Being challenged is a time for action, not submission."

I've been using this concept all afternoon... It works!  I remember reading somewhere that your body doesn't know the difference between a real smile or a fake one.  It's the same with laughter.  The body will respond with endorphins being secreted.  Check out this article: Smiling can trick your brain into happiness--and boost your health.

I've thought for a long time my happiness depended upon certain needs being met.  I am learning that I can be happy - period.  I am learning to live in the present, noticing and enjoying the cool breeze on my face instead of worrying about the never-ending list of things to do.  It's going to take a lot of practice but I am confident it will be worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts