Day 44

Happy Birthday Samantha!!! 21 years ago today our lives changed forever and for the better. I can’t describe the joy I experience watching Sam love her siblings. She is amazing, she truly has a gift. I love every time she is home visiting. She is the first to wash dishes, snuggle a needy sister or brother, talk rock climbing or track or crafts (whatever interest the sibling she is with has).  She loves with her whole heart, not expecting anything in return. I can’t wait to watch her become a mother. She has so many gifts and talents.  I’m not sure when that will happen but really do look forward to it.

One of the kindest compliments Samantha has recieved was back in high school. There was a kid in her seminary class that didn’t always live according to the church’s standards. One day while talking to the seminary teacher they said, “Samanth lives the gospel better than anyone I know but I always feel so comfortable around her.”  They went on to say how Samantha didn’t judge them or look down at them. But accepted them, just the way they were. I am so proud of the woman she has become and continues to grow into.

Comments

Popular Posts