Day 49

We were able to talk to Rebekah today!  For the past 6 weeks we have used google hangouts to communicate.  It's so nice being together as a family for an hour each week even though we are spread all over.  I think Rebekah has decided to call one of us each week.  Next week she is planning to talk with Sam & Phil.  The next week Casey then us at home.  She is sending her journal pages just like Casey did.  I love reading how she is feeling each day. Then reading the progress and growth that comes from expressing what is in her head and heart throughout the week. 

"I almost started crying at this members house because I think they were talking about how I can't speak or understand Spanish, which I know is the truth but that is not what I wanted to hear!  Today was sooo long and I'm so ready for bed."

"I realized when I start to get stressed or start to miss home is when I start to want to cry and usually it's in a public place so I can't cry!  So then I hold it in so it keeps building and building! And then at night I'm too tired even think about it so I just sleep and don't address it.  So yeah, there is an emotion analysis for ya."

"I couldn't understand him and I was getting kinda upset/feeling sad, like I'm trying hard and I can't understand anything and then we sang "Nearer My God to Thee" and I felt the spirit so hard.  Singing that song just made me realize that right now is the closest I've ever been to God.  Now is the time that I just need to reach out and keep trusting in God and have patience that He will reach out and help me."

Comments

Popular Posts