Day 50

I left at 6:40pm to pick Porter up from ROKC. He had worked a shift that ended at 7pm. On my drive down there were a couple snow flurries... or flakes. Everyone had been talking about the snow that was coming.  I thought, “Really? Is this it?”  I waited 10 minutes for Porter, parked out front of ROKC. Within those ten minutes those sparse flakes turned into a full on snow shower.  Ryan and the girls were at church activities in Platte City. I called as we got on the highway and I couldn’t distinguish what lane, if any, I was driving in. I explained the road conditions and asked him to send our kids home immediately. Thankfully Tori rode home with Izy. She called as she was leaving PC questioning which way she should go. I said the interstate would probably be best. She drove down the on ramp and couldn’t see a thing. She said it was the first time she appreciated those reflectors found along the road!  (1st Tender Mercy TM) A car passed Izy and she said “I think they could tell I was nervous and scared some how because they got in front of me and slowed down so I could stay right behind them.”  (2nd TM) They exited the interstate and found 4 cars stopped at the turn off of NHwy onto Jones Meyer. I had already driven down Jones Meyer. I was really nervous for Izy to drive that road. Every time you crested a hill it was a complete white out. You could not see a thing or where the road was. There are 4 hills she would have to drive. As I came off the last hill and tried making the turn onto Hillsboro I slid right past it and on down the road. Porter and I got turned around and called Izy. She was trying to decide what to do. I told her to drive to the fire station on NHwy and wait for us.  I dropped Porter off called a neighbor, picked him up then drove to Izy. He was so kind to drive Izy and Tori home. It was funny. He kept teaching her important things to do when driving in blizzard like conditions. Everyone is safe at home and we get yet another snow day!! I love snow days!!

Comments

Popular Posts