Day 51

I love getting daily texts from our kids.  Sometimes it will be something silly or a question/request.  Sometimes it's letting us know of something exciting that has happened.  And sometimes it's something like this...

I find myself saying it more and more, I love motherhood.  I love being these strong, spirited children's mother. That hasn't always been the case.  I was sure I was doing something wrong early on because I hated motherhood.  Seriously, I did!  It was SO stinking hard and draining.  And I could never get it right.  There was always someone upset or unhappy or grouchy.  It was exhausting.  I think I am one of the lucky ones because with each growing stage of motherhood I enjoy it more and more.  I would raise our teenagers over & over again before I would go back to those crazy years of babies, nursing and diapers.  I am grateful for the people they are growing into.  I am grateful they let me be such an influential part of their lives. I am grateful motherhood is the way God speaks to me best, it makes sense to me and is easy to see and understand.  I guess motherhood must be a lot like wine, it gets sweeter with time...

Updated video of Casey's crash bruise...

Comments

Popular Posts