Day 53

Today we practiced looking for the good while enduring the frustrating.  I think we did pretty well.  It's funny how kids and struggles change ones perspective.  I find myself pulling away from the accepted norms more and more.  It's easy to believe good grades are the end all when you have kids that excel academically.  Or that the ACT is the most important thing ever when preparing for college.  Or maybe even that excelling in sports make you more important or increase your worth somehow.  However, I have been gently reminded of why we are here.... to learn and grow.  Sometimes the learning we do doesn't always end in an A or 30+ ACT score.  Sometimes learning what we do and receiving lesser grades, scores or accomplishments fulfills God's purpose here on earth.  Our loving Heavenly Father doesn't give grades and most certainly doesn't judge us on what awards we attain.  It's not a competition with Him to see who can excel the fastest or best.  As I step back and really try to understand His purposes and ways I become more content with the idea of doing my best and finding joy within the outcome... whatever that may be.  

Comments

Popular Posts