Day 68

Today I made progress.  I have sent Ryan to the store for years. And for years he has brought home items different than requested.  Not on purpose, but by complete accident.  We have learned to minimize this by texting photos back and forth or writing very specific instructions. At times this has been really overwhelming for me. You would think he was doing it on purpose it would happen so often and with things that most people wouldn't mix up. It didn't help that often when these "oops" occured was when I really needed something and was not able to go myself because of time restraints.  There have been a number of times I have gotten upset and flustered with this sweet man trying to help.  Well today he stopped at the store on his way home from dropping Porter off at work.  He was picking up chicken broth, juice and green enchilada sauce.  He came home with juice, green enchilada sauce and a case of broth.  I opened a can, looked at it before pouring into a pot of soup and realized it was beef not chicken.  It didn't even phase me.  I set it down, let him know he had bought beef broth and then grabbed the chicken bullion.  I have to say, I was really proud of myself. I am FINALLY showing signs of aquiring patience.  I didn't even have to tell myself it was ok.  It just was. 

Comments

Popular Posts