Day 103

Victoria's Climbing Comp

Isabelle's Track Meet

Samantha called me tonight on my drive home. She was sharing a couple of experiences she recently had. She also expressed the feeling she had concerning them. At one point I counseled her to set some firm boundaries concerning an individual. This person has hurt her repeatedly in the past, and there isn't any reason to continue to put herself in situations to keep getting hurt. She then brought up another person. I asked her why she had the feeling she had towards them, and her answer was because they have hurt me. We talked, and I pointed out several positive attributes of this person. Their actions are always motivated by love, just at times a little misguided. I encouraged her to forgive and accept that they do have good intentions and have proved to care for Sam through those actions. I was proud of myself; I didn't let negative interactions or hurt cloud my judgment in guiding Samantha. 

Comments

Popular Posts