Day 92

We woke up FREEZING again. Thank goodness Porter brought his down blanket. It is the only thing keeping us warm enough. I woke up last night to funny sounds coming from inside the tent. I asked Porter if he was cold. He said, “I was but I just did a bunch of crunches and am warm now.” We all squish together in our sleeping bags then put the down blanket over all of us. At least Tori stays warm. Porter was eager to get going, tori and I were cold and slow. But we were climbing by 9AM. It was a good day. Porter made progress. We explored The Shire and The North Forty. Tori lead climbed her first outdoor route. She cried a bit and had an anxiety attack before clipping the anchors but actually finished it. Porter found a route we will try to flash tomorrow, Amarillo Sunset. I’m a little nervous, I have to belay off a 3 foot ledge 12+ feet off the ground. Hopefully I am writing tomorrow about how awesome it was and not dead. 






Comments

Popular Posts