Day 98

Porter started mowing today! I think he is pretty excited to start making more than $8 an hour again. Unfortunately, he ran out of gas. I ran to town for gas then over to where he was mowing. He filled up the tank then jumped on the mower to finish the job. However, the mower wouldn't start. Ryan is the one that deals with this mower. I don't have anything to do with it. So, Ryan came over and tried getting it started. It wouldn't start. He checked the manual and the pages he needed were missing. He called the shop and tried everything they said. It still wouldn't start. It was one of those moments that was a bit much for me. I was already a little on edge from previous interactions. I just sat down on the couch and cried. Then I laid down, closed my eyes and reminded myself that God is aware and does know where I am. So, this really must not matter. It doesn't matter if the lawn gets finished or if it is done before Porter leaves tomorrow. I am going to close my eyes for a bit then get up and deal with this. Ryan came in and needed our help to push the mower onto the trailer to take it to the shop. On our way over Porter was frustrated. He kept asking why did this happen, why does it have to be today, why, why, why? I just told him asking why doesn't help, rarely are the why's ever answered. It is what it is, and we are going to figure things out the best we can and not worry about the rest. Ryan then started talking out loud about how the choke kind of felt funny and asked Porter if he noticed anything. I phased out of the "fixing lawn care equipment" a few years ago, so I hadn't even tried to fiddle with the mower. When we got there, I walked over to the mower and started poking around. I noticed a small spring dangling. I asked Porter to pull the choke. I kept looking around for a hole to connect the spring too. I finally saw a little notch in a lever that moved when the choke was pulled. I reattached the spring, Porter tried starting the mower, and it roared to life! Our Heavenly Father is aware of us. He does answer prayers, and love us. Today He answered mine and Porter's quickly. I am grateful for that. Other prayers have gone unanswered or have been answered in ways I don't recognize yet. No matter, I will continue to choose to trust. That trust brings much-needed peace to my topsy turvy life.

Comments

Popular Posts