Day 139

Sunday... We had a primary teacher in-service lesson today. 
One culturally taught idea I disagree with is A+B=C 

For example, if you pray and believe, God will answer your prayers. 

Prayer + Faith/Belief = Answers

Well, sometimes people pray for years and have faith that could literally move mountains, yet their prayers seem to go unanswered. And they are praying for good, righteous desires. It would be easy to come to the conclusion that A+B does NOT = C. However, I have adopted a different approach. Sometimes the equation just has more parts. 
Like A+B*T/LS^P=C
Prayer+Belief*Time/LongSuffering^Patience=Answers.

Sometimes the only thing we have to hold on to is that God does, in fact, love us and is aware of our suffering yet has a more excellent plan than our simple-minded solution. 

There is so much good to learn through my trials, and so much more I can become as I seriously, consciously follow my Saviors example of living. I am certain as I honestly ask, "What would Jesus do?" then do it I will gain greater peace enduring the trials of this life. 

An easier said than done scenario but one I believe worth my effort. 

Comments

Popular Posts