Day 174


We woke up, broke camp and hiked 8 miles out this morning in 3 hours. Just in time to attend church in Girdwood. It’s a tiny branch that shares a chapel with a catholic congregation. It’s the most unique building I have ever attended church in. After church we ate lunch, drove to Cooper Landing and talked with everyone at home. We set up camp and hiked to Russian River Falls. It was beautiful. We saw salmon jumping up the falls, resting in  coves and snagged by fishermen. It really was breathtakingly beautiful. On the drive home I stopped off to buy citronella candles. I had completely forgot it was Sunday!! I don’t know where my brain was. Casey thought it odd but didn’t say anything. Until at dinner he mentioned the sabbath in his prayer and I remembered!! What a blunder.  
 Russian River

Salmon

Comments

Popular Posts