Day 188

Fast Sunday... with so much going on in life and the chaos that comes with doubts and fears I am learning I really don't know a lot. But what I am figuring out is that when I read my scriptures each day I experience a peace that isn't found anywhere else. There is also a confidence that comes that reminds me, "things will be ok, even when right now they don't seem to be." I am learning that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did and that my weaknesses have most likely caused hurt that I didn't know about. I am also learning that when I follow my Savior's example and truly embrace what He taught I become a kinder, gentler being. My emotions are tempered, my heart hurts a little more frequently but I am learning to let the emotions come and eventually go, and then there is that peace that washes over me reminding me again, "things will be ok." I am not sure why life is the way it is but the only option that brings any sense of peace is trusting in a God that really does want all of His children to return to Him. Jesus Christ walked an unimaginable path and He did it with kindness and love. He experienced unimaginable pain even before His time in Gethsemane or on Golgotha. Yet He experienced unimaginable joy as well. Why do I think my walk should be so different when I want to be where He is? I go round and round with this, always coming back to the same scripture. 
Galatians 5:22-23 & 25-26
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Comments

Popular Posts