Day 289

Carpet was finally installed in Tori and Porter's rooms! It has been a month and a half they have been displaced. The chaos of it all is getting to everyone. It was so nice to have their rooms put back together tonight.



I was looking back through old posts and came across this 2008 entry... funny how things change but still remain the same.  Ryan and I leave tomorrow for a wedding in Denver. So many of these words still ring true today. 

Eileen (my little sister) is getting married in Vegas.  I head out alone on Friday morning.  Every time I board a plane, especially with Ryan, I start panicking.  Those thoughts of "what if I don't come back?  What if I never hug & kiss my kids again?  They won't know how much I love them." all come flooding into my brain.  Well, this time I'm taking a few minutes to leave them with a final thought... just in case!  

Samantha:)  If you feel a smile... LET IT OUT!  Life will be more bearable & you'll be much happier.  I LOVE YOU!

Casey;)  Keep getting up early, working hard, and helping others.  This will get you to all the places you'd ever want to go!  I WUV YOU MY WITTLE BABY!

Rebekah:)  Keep wriggling, squiggling & giggling.  Your sense of humor will help you through the toughest times.  Keep being nice to everyone you meet & your little sister.  I LOVE YOU!

Isabelle;)  Keep a marker in your pocket... remember to mark all those good things you do & the good choices you make.  I love you to heaven and back.

Porter:)  Anytime life gets a little stinky, just roll down those windows & let the stink out.  Put on your happy face & play!  Get out your sword only when you HAVE to fight.   I LOVE YOU!

Victoria;)  ALWAYS remember to take time to pick a few flowers, collect a few sticks, and watch a few cows.  Find joy in the little things and life will be a breeze, a cold hard breeze at times, but none the less a breeze.  I love you to pieces.

Ryan... you are my everything!  I love you more than quiet ocean breezes, long hot showers, & Cherry Garcia.  Thanks for being such a great husband & amazing Dad.  Thanks for laughing with me & at me.  We've become quite a good pair.  I look forward to many more fun memories.  

Have a fun weekend guys.  I'll see you Sunday evening. 

Comments

Casey said…
It’s funny how that advice to each person is still applicable today! I really enjoyed this post today

Popular Posts