Day 299

Today in primary I had a great opportunity to teach a lesson. We have a couple children that are really spirited, which is a good thing. However, sometimes they make choices that aren't always the best or kindest. Today a few of them ran to the back of the room to sit in big comfy seats. I asked them all to come sit up with the rest of the class and they said, "NO!" I asked them again and told them I really wanted them to join us. One in particular was very vocal. The rest followed. I let them know the fun was going to be had in the front row, they still declined. I went on with the lesson, inviting them to join us a couple more times. Then I pulled out the blocks and the fun began. They didn't get to participate. I could see in the eyes of two of the children they instantly regretted their decision. The other two tried to make light of it. After a little while I invited them to come sit in the front row again. Two joined us, after a bit they joined the fun. The other two eventually asked to come sit in the front row and were finally allowed to play the last two minutes of class. We will see if it sticks.

Comments

Popular Posts