The sky was filled with gorgeous shades of blue tonight as Tori, Porter, Isabelle, Rebekah, and I walked up and down 89th street. Each time we finished a loop Isabelle would say, “One more!” The weather was absolutely perfect. We laughed and talked and kicked a rock. The conversation somehow landed on sexuality. The questions came easy but with a little uncomfortableness at first. But as I answered them everything became so normal. It was definitely the first really successful talk about sexuality I’ve had with them. We’ve talked before but there has always been a little bit of hesitancy or nervousness within me. This time I didn’t have any. It was as if I was talking with Jeanie about parenting. Tonight’s walk was the best part of my day. I love our kids!!! They bring so much joy to my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts