Counseling Notes Session Two

I've learned a few things. Ryan and I have a typical over-functioning / under-functioning marriage. 

Both are equally immature. 

I learned about locus of control. 


  • Seeing what I am doing is the pathway to knowing how to do better
  • See clearly what I am doing
  • Stop participating in a pattern that is destructive
  • I have to see how parts of me have wanted to be in this destructive behavior
  • Not just saying the words, but inhabiting the mind that says the words.
  • "I know in the past I have given off a lot of anger and I'm sure I'm a tough person to kiss because you can feel all my resentment and I have not handled my anger well or constructively in this marriage so I can see why you are asking me even though it's not very sexy when you do."
  • I have to find my part and own it.
  • "I want a good relationship with you and I want a good sexual relationship with you but you coming to me for me to kiss you is a way of saying "I want things to be as they have been. I want the reassurance that I'm ok not, I want an intimate relationship with you, Jonnette." and I don't want to be apart of that. It's not that I don't want an intimate relationship with you, I don't want to keep playing out this dynamic."
  • I am going to work on how to be stronger without being full of contempt. 



Comments

Popular Posts